The tips I am about to share with you really can change your life.
Studies have not only shown this to be true, but I put these steps into practice in my own life 4 years ago and have seen AMAZING results.
Studies have taken people, scanned their brain and took surveys from them before and after they implemented these habits into their daily lives. Not only do they report feeling happier, less stressed, less anxious, less tense, less pain in their bodies, and and over all much better sense of well being.. but their BRAINS changed as well!
They de-activated the negative thinking parts of the brain and activated the happiness and creative parts!
They basically re-wired their brains!
When I saw the study, it blew me away. The science was there, this was FACT. But I had to see for myself.
So I started a daily self care routine. I made myself a priority, and set time aside each day to practice these habits. It took time to get it down, as always we can become so busy that we often put ourselves last. But after awhile, it became just like brushing my teeth. And now I look forward to that time every day, and I can honestly say it is the reason for the big change I have seen in my life.
Some of the results I've seen include:
1. Positive outlook is now my default - I use to be quick to worry, stress over what MIGHT happen. Say things to myself like "Well today is going to be a long day" or "Oh no, I have to see this person today and they are always stressing me out, I just know it's going to be a bad time" or "Those goals and dreams are too big, I'll never be able to make that happen".
Now, I rarely have these thoughts. They used to just come to me, without even trying. Sometimes they still sneak in, but I immediately notice them, and "change the channel" by instead saying something positive. Usually now, I only think about the good things that COULD happen, instead of what could go wrong.
2. I am less stressed - Which means I rarely have tension headaches and my overall fitness level has improved - Stress causes cortisol levels to spike, and cortisol causes your body to hold onto fat. I had hit a plateau on my fitness journey and wasn't seeing progress for awhile. Once I became less stressed, I started to see a flatter stomach! I also suffered from terrible tension headaches, almost to the point of migraines. Being less stressed has made them only a rare occurrence and a reminder that I may be slacking on my self care.
3. I sleep better- I had insomnia for many years. I tried sleeping pills and warm baths before bed but nothing worked. Until I started making self care a part of my routine. I use to be asleep around 2am and waking up at 11:00.... now I am in bed by 9pm and up at 6am! This change was noticed by everyone who knows me... they couldn't believe the night owl was now a morning person!
Sooooo, what are these miracle habits?
I am going to give you my top 3 favorite, but there's a few more I want to share with you as well. So I created a FREE Self Care Check List for you! This is the check list I created for myself, printed it out and taped it to the wall next to my bed. I would check things off daily, and it was a great reminder for me to DO the things on that list. I saw it before bed and when I woke up... I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!
You can get the free check list >>>>> HERE
1. Spend 5-10 minutes visualizing yourself achieving your goals.
I would go into a quiet place that I feel very relaxed in, close my eyes and just dream...imagine... SEE myself achieving my goals and dreams. You could visualize having a great day, think about all the things you're thankful for, or visualize your future goals being achieved. Sometimes I did this in the morning to start my day off right, sometimes it was while I was taking a warm bubble bath, and sometimes it was while I laid in bed before I fell asleep. All it takes is 5-10 minutes a day and you will see an amazing change in the way you think and feel!
As a matter of fact, I have a free 5 minute guided visualization that helps you learn how to do this. You just close your eyes and listen as I guide you through the process. If you'd like to take a listen, you can check it out >>>>>>HERE
2. Write down 3 things you're thankful for every day.
This is a big one that has been studied over and over again, where the brain literally changes!! I keep a journal next to my bed and every morning (or night) I write down 3 things I am thankful for. It can be my dog, my cup of coffee, someone in my life, the sunshine, or something bigger. Just make note of 3 things each day. Trust me, you'll LOVE this habit!
3. Get in at least 30 minutes of exercise daily.
Now of course I am going to say this since I am a personal trainer haha! But seriously, even if it's a 30 minute walk, getting this exercise daily will make a HUGE difference for you. You will have more energy, you'll simple feel better over all, your stress levels will go down and chronic pain in your body will lessen. I can't stress this one enough!
Those are my top 3 favorite self care tips, but there are a few more that are JUST as important that I want to share with you and have you try.
Download your FREE check list >>>>>>>> HERE!!!
Now go start living a better life TODAY!!!!!